Cache Business Summit, sponsored by Cook Martin Poulson, P.C.
Business Summit Agenda
April 20th, 2017
9:15-10:00 Key Note Speaker-
Lt. Governor Spencer Cox
Spencer J. Cox, Utah’s 8th Lieutenant Governor, is from Fairview, Utah where he currently resides with his wife, Abby and their four children. He is a graduate of Snow College, Utah State University and Washington and Lee Law School. He formerly practiced law with Fabian & Clendenin and was Vice President and General Counsel of CentraCom. He has served as a councilman and mayor of Fairview, as a Sanpete County Commissioner and in the Utah House of Representatives.
Lt. Governor Cox is by statute the chief election officer of the state and the liaison between the governor and legislature. He travels extensively throughout the state supporting economic development and local government solutions. He is committed to strengthening families, transforming education, increasing voter participation, utilizing modern technologies, promoting healthy living and empowering the homeless and impoverished.
10:00-11:00 Breakout Session
- Juli Weber, HR Professional
- Cook Martin Poulson, Accounting on the Cloud: How to stay connected to your customers, vendors, and bank accounts on the Cloud
- James Keddington, Marketing Professional
11:00-11:15 Networking Break
11:15-12:15 Breakout Session
- Trent Eyre, Sales Professional
- Derek Miller, President Trump and the Global Economy: Does Utah Win or Lose? Derek B. Miller is the president and CEO of the World Trade Center Utah, an organization dedicated to helping Utah companies “think, act, and succeed globally.” WTC Utah is a member of the World Trade Centers Association headquartered in New York City, a network of more than 300 WTC’s in 100 countries around the world, with the mission to facilitate prosperity through trade and investment.
- Scott Brown, Healthcare Professional
12:30-1:45pm Lunch- International Trade Panel: Digital Marketing in a Global Environment
World Trade Center Utah
1:45-2:45 Breakout Session
- Dale Siler, Contracting with Vendors
- Cook Martin Poulson, Business Whirlwinds: Mergers, Acquisitions, and how to prepare and maximize value
- Jesse Ronnow, Cyber Security and the Financial Sector
2:45-3:00 Networking Break
3:00-3:45 Closing Speaker- Troy Martin
Many people define themselves by what they do for a living. Troy defines himself by how he can contribute to others through his expertise, experience and skills.
Troy loves the complexity of today's tax code and he is passionate about helping his clients minimize all their tax burdens. Troy has over 24 years of tax and business experience and specializes in proactive service by concentrating on each client's unique income tax and estate tax situation.
3:45-4:00 Closing Remarks & Raffle